Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC530 14 TB SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive WUH721414ALE6L4
- 14TB capacity1 in a standard 3.5-inch form factor
- CMR technology works seamlessly in capacity enterprise applications & environments
- Reliable, field-proven, 5th generation design
- HelioSeal® design delivers outstanding power efficiency (Watts/TB)
- TDMR and improved dual-stage microactuator provide optimal head positioning and rotational vibration robustness
- 2.5M hours MTBF rating & 5-year limited warranty
- Self-Encrypting Drive (TCG SED) options
- Cloud & Hyperscale storage
- Massive scale-out (MSO), high-density data centers
- Distributed File Systems
- Bulk storage using Object storage solutions like CEPH™ and OpenStack Swift
- Primary and secondary storage for Apache Hadoop® for Big Data Analytics
- Surveillance analytics
The New Gold Standard
The secret ingredient in our WD Gold product line, Ultrastar hard drives feature up to 10 times the workload rating of desktop drives and employ advanced technologies for enterprise-class reliability, power efficiency and performance.
Designed from the ground up to be an ultra-robust storage device, Ultrastar drives are the perfect solution for your business.
High workload rating
Delivering dependable performance to any storage environment, Ultrastar hard drives are designed with a workload rating up to 550TB per year, up to 10 times the rating for desktop drives. Ultrastar drives employ advanced technologies for enterprise-class reliability, power efficiency and performance.
Enterprise-class storage to rely on
With up to 2.5 million hours MTBF, Ultrastar hard drives deliver reliability and durability, are built for year operation (24x7x365) within the most demanding storage environments, and are backed with a 5 year limited warranty.
Featured in over 30 million Western Digital hard drives shipped, HelioSeal technology (on 10TB drives and above) allows for higher capacities and less turbulence on large storage arrays. And now on its 5th generation design, HelioSeal technology is field-tested and proven to delivery high capacity, reliability, and power efficiency you can trust.
Enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) technology uses sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct linear and rotational vibrations in real-time for improved performance versus traditional desktop drive in high vibration environments.
Dual-Stage Actuator Technology
Ultrastar drives feature a dual-stage actuator head positioning system for a high degree of accuracy. The primary stage provides course displacement while the secondary stage uses piezoelectric motion to fine-tune the head positioning to a higher degree of precision.
Built On A Proven Design, Part Of A Complete Portfolio
The Ultrastar SATA Series is a subset of a broad line-up of Ultrastar data center hard drives. The complete portfolio offers SAS and SATA models and a variety of data encryption options.